Tuesday 26 February 2013

'C' Is For Cookie

Well! Didn't we just start with a fizzle??

Sorry if you've been waiting anxiously for a new post, folks. This is what happens when we decide on a new venture like this *just* when Paula starts a new job and I am eyeball-deep in freelance work.

Only we could manage something like this. Seriously.

Well, in times of crazy schedules and high stress, sometimes one needs a little treat to keep oneself going. KnowwhutImean, Vern?

And let me tell you, tonight was one of those nights that required something sweet and chocolatey. Enter the "cookie for one made in a mug"!

Cookie for ONE? More like Cookie for TEN!
The Monster Cookie
Yeah, it's not a mug; it's a small Corningware casserole dish. Twenty-four ounce, in fact.

I used this recipe from Zoom Yummy. The pictures looked deelish so I was verily intrigued, but leery at the same time.

I mean, it's a cookie made in the microwave. How is it going to turn out? More importantly, how is it going to taste?!?

Well, Gentle Readers, it tastes pretty good. Don't expect any crunch, though -- it's totally chewy. The taste is about what you'd expect. It certainly stopped the dessert craving in its tracks. And also on the plus side, it was definitely easy to make. The recipe claims something like a five-minute prep time, but mine definitely took longer as I had to keep dashing over to the laptop to read the next instruction or ingredient. (I'm weird that way. I always second-guess what's next.)

Bottom line? Two thumbs up. It won't replace traditional oven-baked, chocolate-chip cookies, but it will certainly do when you need something fast, warm and sweet.

Apropos of nothing, though, I realize I need a new camera. My old one died and all of my recent pictures have been taken on my phone. They're not horrible, but they're nowhere near excellent. This blog will definitely require half-decent pictures. How else will people get to see anything?

But I digress. Thanks for reading, and I promise you the next post will happen sooner rather than later!

No comments: